Wednesday, June 27, 2012

How is it Possible for Death to Make Life? Babies 48 and 49


I know I said the last one was short, but this one is REALLY short. Ah well, I still like it! :D
Baby Laura was the cutest little toddler. She got my orange hair and my father's brown eyes. She was always giggling and smiling and spreading her happiness. All of my worries seemed to disappear when I was around that little girl.

Ellie, however, seemed terrified when in her presence, like the girl that couldn't even talk yet was going to eat her in her sleep. I didn't know how she was going to be a challenge mother if she was afraid of children. I taught her how to change diapers, feed her and rock her to sleep. The more time went on the more comfortable she seemed being alone with her.

The funeral for my niece Anna, my brother in law Macy, and Chase's girlfriend Leah was quite the event and once more a lot of tears were shed, but when I got home somehow I forgot about them. Well, it's reasonable considering who was standing in my living room:  the Grim Reaper.
"Hello my dear Paisley," his deep voice moaned. I took a step back, shocked. "I'm assuming you'd like to make a deal with me when I offer this to you, but I'd like to father your next child."

"HELL NO!" I screamed, getting ready to run away.

All of a sudden, I was frozen in place, not allowed to move. "Now Paisley, I'm not the only one getting something out of this. If you let me be the next father, I will bring back somebody that you've lost."

My eyes widened at the thought of that. There were four people I wanted not to be dead. I didn't know what to do! Should I have just had his baby and not brought anyone back? It wouldn't have been fair to bring 1/4 of our loved ones that had passed on. Cassie and Chase wouldn't have been very happy with me for not thinking of them first. At least, that's what they would've said.

So I was stuck. "Fine," I groaned. "Go ahead. Give me your... guys, if you have any, which I assume you do and leave."

"Of course." His voice was echo-y and gave me chills, but I wasn't going to let that stop me. I needed to continue in this challenge, and if that meant birthing freaky grim reaper babies, then that's what I would do!
He donated his sperm to me and left with the promise that he would be back and ready to give me whatever I wanted. I immediately knew that I didn't want to bring anyone back. I was one of those people that believed that when you die, it was your time to go.
I tracked down the sneaky Laura who usually ventured off without me knowing and taught her to walk, talk and use the potty. It was quite a challenge, considering she was so hyper and wanted nothing but to run around causing problems for Jesse and I.

It wasn't until then that I realized that Ellie had disappeared from my orange house. When I told this to Jess, he begged me to ask her to leave. I was honestly getting sick of her, though I loved her to death, so I asked her to go back to her house.

Skye was soon over, which was bound to happen at some point, after pestering me for hours about seeing her granddaughter. She brought along my cousin Ellie, who was also her girlfriend.

We spent most of the day playing with Laura and making baby faces to her. After a few hours of this fun, Ellie and Skye left, leaving me alone with my daughter in my huge house. I needed to fill my home soon because it was actually quite dreary. So empty and silent, with the exception of Laura and her giggles.
As I was making dinner for the family, I was greeted with the first kicks of my baby. I rubbed my tummy and went back to cooking so my house didn't burn down while I was distracted. Jesse came home from work a few minutes later and sat down to fresh food with our child and I.

After dinner, I took it upon myself to check up on my first forty-six children. Recently, I had felt like such a terrible mother because I usually don't talk to my kids once they move out. I, amazingly, got a hold of all forty-six of them and finally felt relaxed.

I went about my normal post-dinner routine, which consisted of playing with Laura for a little bit, rocking her to sleep and putting her in her crib. After that Jess and I would usually spend some time together and fall asleep ourselves.

The next morning, I awoke to a slightly bigger stomach and the smells of fresh waffles. Jesse had made us some breakfast and went to work. After I woke up from my coma, my life had been extremely slow paced. Not that I was complaining, I suppose, but I was used to a new challenge presenting itself every day.
With boredom crashing over me like a wave, I invited Laura Johanson over and after a lot of talk about where we should go and what we should do, we resorted to the bean bags. "Sorry this is so boring," I said as the T.V. show we were watching came to an end. "Being pregnant limits what you can do, as you know."
She chuckled and said, "It's not a problem. I'm having fun! Now, onto other matters: who is the father of your baby?"

"The Grim Reaper." She looked slightly shocked, but I continued, "Not only that, but he offered to give me anything I want."

"Really?" she asked, surprised. "What are you going to ask him for?"

I shrugged. "I guess that's part of the reason I invited you over. I don't know what I want! Recently I've had everything I could possibly need!"
After a few minutes of thinking, she said, "Well, you could ask for another challenge father. I know sometimes it can be difficult, so maybe he could find one for you!"

I took this into consideration, and thought it was the best idea. "Alright, that's what I'll do." With that all sorted out, we awaited his arrival. At around six o' clock, dark smoke came out of nowhere, followed by Grim. Laura nearly fell out of her bean bag from shock.

"Hello my dear Paisley. Have you decided what you want?" his voice echoed.

I nodded. "I'd like another challenge father. Sometimes it can be extremely hard to find one, so I was thinking maybe you could make someone want to be the next dad!"

"Alright, done. Expect the next one soon after my child is born." With that being said, he vanished into thin air and Laura and I went back to watching.

Laura left at about eight and left me alone again, with baby Laura. I sighed, suddenly feeling very alone. Jesse hadn't been around much since our daughter was born and it left me feeling neglected.
 
I asked Skye to come over and entertain me, and soon we were playing with the pinball machine, foos-ball table and shuffle board. We took to the dance floor and after wearing ourselves out, she left for home and I slipped into bed after setting Laura into her crib.

The next morning, my last day of being pregnant, I cleaned up the house quickly and my eyes landed on a cake sitting in the kitchen. There was a note attached to it that read, "Paisley, I think you should age up Laura. I know how lonely you've been recently. Jesse."
I accepted his offer and woke up my sleepy toddler. Soon she was a beaming child, smiling at everything and joking around. I definitely felt tons better with her being able to speak to me and comprehend what I was saying. We took to the outdoors, she using the slip n' slide and me grilling some burgers for us to munch on.
With our bellies full, I sent her to the spring riders while I whipped out a book and sat on our bench, occasionally looking up to check on her. Her laughs rang out, causing me to smile uncontrollably. Jesse came home eventually and pulled me into a hug, forcing me to kiss him. Not that I was complaining...
Laura screamed, "EW! GET A ROOM!" and ran inside, giggling all the way. After a few minutes of snuggling with him, I pulled away, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable.

"You okay?" he questioned.

I nodded. "I think I may be in labor."

"WHAT?"

I nodded. "Yeah, but it's fine. I'm going to cook dinner now."

His eyes widened. "Please tell me you didn't say what you just said."

"What?" I inquired. "My contractions are going to be really far apart at this point and I'm hungry." I waddled away to begin dinner. Honestly, I was in a lot of pain and wanted to lie down, but I loved messing with my dear boyfriend.

I was cramping a lot and was fighting the urge to hunch over from the pain, but I wasn't going to go to the hospital for this. I wanted to get back into the habit of home births since hospitals were expensive and sucking my wallet dry.

When the pain became too much to bear, I walked over to Jesse and pinched him. "Ow! What the--?"

"I wanted you to experience pain since you're sitting there like nothing's happening," I groaned.
He laughed and squeezed my hand. "Pais, I asked if you were okay and you said yes. Why didn't you just tell me?"

I chuckled dryly. "I just wanted to mess with you a bit. I'm now regretting that decision. FOR THE LOVE--" I cried, leaning over, clutching onto my stomach. "I'm going to our room," I said and struggled my way up the stairs.
 

Thirteen hours later, I greeted Platinum and Midnight Parker into the world. Neither my new daughter nor son got Grim's shiny black skin, but my human skin instead.
 

I immediately aged them into toddlers, and boy were they adorable! They both got my dad's red hair and my green eyes. 

Laura was already playing with them when her eyes landed on her baby brother and sister. She played peek-a-boo with them and demanded that I put them on the spring riders. I obeyed while she used the other one and they all giggled as they bounced.

My house was finally filling up, which got me excited to have another baby. I called up the next challenge father and scheduled a meeting for later on in the week. For then, I just wanted to enjoy the three children I currently had.

Baby fifty would be here before I knew it. 

Thanks to Laura and Skye for letting me use your challenge mothers! I love having them in my game!

4 comments:

  1. Thank YOU for using Laura in your game. It's still so weird seeing her in other blogs. xD

    All of Paisley's kids are so cute!

    And damn... I would be so freaked out if the grim reaper showed up in my living room. Geez, way to be creepy, Grimmy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Haha, I think that about Paisley too in other people's blogs. xD

      Thank you! I think so too! Paisley just makes adorable spawn. :3

      I would be too! Hehe, I think he was just born that way. xD

      Delete
  2. I agree with Laura, Paisley makes the grim reaper's kids so beautiful! It's too bad that didn't get the reaper skin but they're so adorable so I don't want to complain.

    One more the half way!

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I agree. I think they're adorable too, but I am a little disappointed that they didn't get their father's skin... But yes, they're still cute. xD

      YES! I'm so excited! After almost a year! I feel like it's taken me forever!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Make me smile, leave a comment!