Wednesday, July 4, 2012

One Year Already?

HELLO MY WONDERFUL READERS! How are we on this amazing day? And no, it's not amazing because it's the fourth of July, but because Paisley is one year old today!

One year ago today, our fine young orange top was a lost, childless soul... Now look at her! She has fifty two kids and a ton of amazing friends such as Calista Smith, Skye Everard, Laura Johanson, Amber Lights and Hadley Reed.

Now, I know this may sound pretty ridiculous, but this challenge means a lot to me for many reasons. The most important is I never would've met some of my closest friends if I hadn't started 365 days ago. I don't really have many friends outside of the simming community, so it's nice to have friends when I come home. The other reason, however obvious, is it's improved my writing abilities by a lot.

Paisley's been through a lot in the past year, if you think about it: James cheated on her, Jack tried to kill her, and she had a scare with Jesse. Despite all that, she's still going strong and isn't planning on quitting any time soon!

Which reminds me, I know I've announced this before, but you all probably thought I decided against it after I took my break: I'm going to do a ten generation baby challenge! At the end of Paisley's journey, I will pick the daughter that I think will be the best to carry on her legacy!

The break I took was good for my sanity, because if I wouldn't have left for a while I'd be hating this challenge, but now I'm excited to keep going!
^^
Thanks to all of the people who have been with us from the beginning, the last post or somewhere in between. No matter what, you all have a special place in my heart and the reason I keep writing! Okay, sorry if that was rather cheesy, but it's the truth.

Every view I get makes me smile like a loon and motivates me to keep going. Now, maybe we should check in on the Parker's fourth of July celebration...

Oh look, it's our wonderful challenge mother, barbecuing burgers for the kids! It appears this is going to be a wild night of fun!


After stuffing themselves full of grilled cow and potato chips, they set out the beach chairs and launched some fireworks. It was a colorful night, filled with giggles and accidental fires in the grass.

So, just look at how much she has changed in a year: Insanity, I tell you. Or magic. Probably magic.

Thanks to all the people who have stuck around this long, and thanks to those of you who will continue to read about Paisley's challenge and the generations to come.

I hope you have a happy fourth of July and keep your fingers crossed that Paisley doesn't light the house on fire.


2 comments:

  1. I know it's a day late but congrats on hitting your one year anniversary! Paisley's gone so through much and will have many more fun adventures and meet many more friends.

    *crosses fingers*

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, sorry, I just noticed that you commented.
      Thank you very much! I know, it's kind of insane. I hope she'll meet more friends, too!

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Make me smile, leave a comment!