Monday, November 21, 2011

What's Happening to My Life?

 I was having a dream. Except, it wasn't a dream, it was a memory, but I was asleep. My dad, my horse Jeopardy and I were at the beach together, laughing and having a good time.
 My dad hugged me and I could feel it even though it wasn't real. I could smell his cologne and minty breath, just like I used to.
 We made silly faces and goofed off. Like we used to.
 Daddy told jokes and had me almost peeing my pants. Just like when he was alive.
And then he was gone.
 I was awake. I could hear but my eyes refused to open. "Mom has a brain tumor, Andie, and you still refuse to talk to me?"
 "Tell it to someone who likes you, Wendy!"
 "You are such a jerk! Why can't we be best friends like Kale and Jonny are?"
 "Because you're not good enough."
 Wendy growled. "I really hate you."
 "When mom wakes up I am telling!"
"You're such an idiot! When mom wakes up her head will have been opened up and then stitched close again! You're going to let her rest!"
 Wendy left and Andie sat down next to me. "Mommy, we're going to get the tumor out of you. I promise. The doctor is prepping for surgery."
 "Just be patient."
 "I've gotta go to school. Love ya."
 I woke up and threw the covers off of me. I tried to life my hands but they wouldn't budge.
 I looked in the mirror. My hair was gone.
 I fell asleep almost immediately after I woke up, though.
 Later on in the day, Wendy and Andie found their way back.
 "Mom. You had a brain tumor. The reason you passed out is because of that. The doctor removed it. That's why you don't have hair," Andie explained.
 "When can I go home?"
 "In a few days."
 When I finally got home, I called for the girls.
 Only to find that everyone had aged up. Andie is still fashionable and style is everything. She and Wendy are best friends now. Something clicked in their heads one day and they're going to buy a house together.
 Kale is still as sweet and fun-loving as ever. (and cat loving)
 Jonathan has more soft features, and he and Kale are still best friends!
 Wendy ditched the rebel look, although she didn't ditch being a rebel all together.
 I personally like this look much better!
 They even aged Lily up so she could keep me company.
 Snowshow aged up as well, but when I asked to see him, they told me they had sold him. I honestly was fine with that.
 Danny is, well... I don't know. I can't tell.
 Shawn is a very excitable, friendly, ambitious boy. He's still the favorite of the family!
 Lily does a great job of keeping me company.
 When she's not sleeping by me she's making sure I'm still alive.
 And waking me up. I can't go five minutes without Lily bugging me.
 I slugged my way into the kids room. Shawn was sleeping soundly.
 And then three uninvited visitors appeared; My mom, Cassie and Chase. I'd rather my family not see me like this, especially my baby brother.
 All bald and in pain, you know?
 But Anna-Leigh stopped by and I didn't mind it so much. We talked for a while. "How are you?" she asked.
 "In so much pain!"
 "Well it'll all get better. I gotta go."
 She stood up and hugged me. It felt so good to hug somebody.
 Ida aged up too. Isn't she adorable? Shawn has such a crush on her and she has one on him, too!
 I decided it was time to call James. "Why aren't you coming back?" I demanded.
"I'm engaged."
 So you don't have to see what I told James after he told me this, how about you look at this cute picture of Shawn and Ida together?
 "YOU JERK!" I screamed. "YOU CHEATED ON ME? WE ARE THROUGH!"
When the hectic day was wearing down, the door bell rang. I thought it was going to be someone I had seen in the last thirteen years. But instead, it was my dad, Trent Parker, alive and well, standing on my porch.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, great job!!! That's so intense!!
    Can't wait to find out why he faked a death!! :))
    -Amber Lights-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why'd he pretend to DIE???!!!

    WE must know.
    Great post as per usual Paisley. I like Shawn and Ida. They're so cute. And I also like the ghost baby!

    Also, her dad is quite hot if you go for that kind of thing. :) :o

    Skye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!
    Skye, That's sorta what I was going for! :)

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile, leave a comment!