Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The World Makes Sense Through Skye's Eyes: Baby 38





The first thing I do when I wake up after giving birth to Hadlee and Amber is look in the mirror. I had never been happy with something on my face but I could never place what it was. Over the years I had ruled out things like my eyes and my ears, but that morning I couldn't help but wonder if it could possibly be my nose. I looked at it for a good hour and finally decided something: it was my nose.
I went about my daily routine, thinking if something like plastic surgery would be smart or stupid. I had never been a fan of it, but Ida Hemming did it and she loves it. But I've had this nose for more than 20 years and I was fine with it. It's my mom's nose!
When I couldn't take it any longer I got on Facebook and crossed my fingers that Skye would be on. She was.
Paisley Parker: Skye!! I NEED to talk to you!!
Skye Everard: What do you want this time?
Paisley Parker: -_- Do you think I should get plastic surgery on my nose? 
Skye Everard: Send me a picture of what it would probably look like. I'm assuming you have one.
Paisley Parker: Of course I do! 
I attach the picture and I wait while she looks at it.
Skye Everard: Plastic surgery. 
Skye is now offline. 
So it's settled, I thought as I fixed myself up. I should just get an appointment and we're all set! 
My phone started to ring. "Hello?" I asked happily.
"Are you CRAZY!?" the female voice yelled over the phone.
"Um..." I struggled. "Who is this?"
"Do you ever look at caller ID? This is Hadley!"
I'm confused for a second until she starts talking about how stupid I would have to be to change something about myself. About how I'm perfect the way I am.
The only thing that goes through my head as Hadley is talking is Skye. I am going to kill that blue haired little butt face. I bet she's going to tell Calista. We can make it a party! A party of how to convince Paisley not to get a new nose! 
"Are you hearing me?" Hadley asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.
"Hmm? Oh! Yes! I am hearing you loud and clear!"
"Paisley," she said sternly, like a mother to her children. She had obviously been a challenge mother because only challenge mothers get that way.
"Sorry... But Hadley I am not going to listen to anyone. This is what I'm doing."
Skye must have a bigger mouth than I thought because throughout the entire day I kept getting calls. I didn't even know I knew that many people! Want a list? Cassie, Macy, Chase, my mom, my dad, Anna-Leigh, Caitlin, (from Europe) Calista, even Amber Lights gave me a call. And you know who else Skye blabbed to? EVERY ONE OF MY CHILDREN! Eventually I called up a babysitter and sat on my bed, pretending to listen to all of my kids.
By six o' clock my ear was exhausted and I could've sworn it was bleeding. I chucked my phone across the room, secretly hoping it would break. When it started ringing again, I shoved in ear plugs and went to sleep.
"MOM!" Jack screamed in my ear. "MOM! MOM! MOM! WAKE UP!"
I reached my hand up instinctively and swatted.
"Mom! I'm not Aunt Cassie! Don't hit me! Get downstairs, it's our birthday!"
After he ran out of my room I groaned as I pushed myself up.
Believe it or not, Jack still loves to kiss my cheeks before he leaves the house or goes to bed. I thought he would've grown out of it by now. He still wants to be the person that... drives the submarine when he's older. Although he's stopped saying "submarine pirate."
Skye is a very playful and fun loving little girl! She loves bears... a lot. And pink. She has me wash this shirt every night after she has gone to bed so she can wear it everyday. I'm not sure what to think of it...
Hadlee and Amber both got their father's eye burning hair. Although I'm confused as to why Hadlee has black skin. Neither me or Bobby have black skin. I guess it's the combination of our colors? But Amber got her father's blue skin, which means everyone will know who her father is since she looks just like him.
I decided to get it over with. I went to get plastic surgery, Skye tagging along.
I checked in and we waited for a good hour. I was surprised that they made me a surgery appointment that quickly. Finally the nurse called my name and I went in. "You may not recognize me when I come out," I giggled into Skye's ear before I went through the big double doors.

-Skye's Point of View, Written by Skye- 
I sat in the waiting room looking at the walls for a while until the same nurse from before approached and offered me a coffee. I shook my head, no.
The last time I had coffee, well... not pretty let me tell you. I watched the clock until I remembered what P had told me to do while she was being operated on. I was supposed to have been at her's, babysitting! I jumped out of my seat and raced over there, hoping my absence hadn't been too noticeable.  Thankfully Jesse was sat on the couch, watching as Amber and Hadlee crawled around playing with each-other.
"Hey Jesse. What are you doing here?" I asked. He stood up and walked over to me.
"Pais asked me to come over because she figured you'd forget. And it seems she was right." he said with a smile. Their relationship must have been working out pretty well. Score one to the buttface. I thought.
Jesse left to watch TV in the main room, so I decided to play with Amber for a while. She was adorable. ALMOST as adorable as baby Paisley was, but not quite.
I set down Amber when I saw the face peering out from around the corner. I assumed from her age and red hair that it was Little Skye. She jumped when she saw me looking at her and started to turn away, but I stopped her.
"Hi there. I'm Skye." I said. Skye Junior (as she shall now be known)  frowned up at me.
"No you aren't. I'm Skye." She replied, still confused.
"Oh that's right. You're Paisley's kid. You probably know me as 'That Blue Haired Buttface' call me.... whatever you want to call me."
Skye Junior grinned. "Okay then, Buttface. Oh, sorry, Aunty Buttface." Great. A little comedian. With Paisley's sense of humour. This WOULD be a fun few hours. "Anyway, Skye. If that IS your real name.... I'm hungry. Can you make me a snack?"
"Why sure thing Junior. What do you want to eat?" she thought for a minute,
"Toast and Jam!"

So off everyone trundled to the kitchen, to make toast and Jam. In the end we all had a slice, and I made a mental note to tell P to get more bread. My phone bleeped, and a text flashed up, saying
Dear Ms Everard. 
This is Paisley's hospital, 
she told us to let you know she's out of surgery
 and will be home in about half an hour. 

No sooner had I received that, then she walked through the door. Proudly sporting a new nose, bandage free. I got up to hug her, as did Jesse and we took it in turns asking questions.
(Jesse) When will it be completely healed?
            Tomorrow, at the latest.
(Me) Was the doctor hot?
         Nope. He had a mono-brow.
(Paisley) I left you at home alone, why isn't the house on fire?
        -_- You HONESTLY thought that would happen? Have a little faith woman.
"Speaking of which, I have a concert to get to. A musician has to eat you know." said Jesse, as he left the house.
I watched as my son left, and a thought occurred to me. If Paisley wasn't pregnant, I had the perfect guy for her. He worked for the challenge father company I use, and he had some nice genetics for her. When I told her this she smiled, and told me to send him over.
Pretty soon he arrived at her house, and I mouthed I'll leave you two alone to her, as I took the kids outside to play for a while. We all had tonnes of fun on the slip 'n slide, bouncy toys and other playground equipment, and pretty soon P came down to join us. she decided to get in some time on the Slip 'n slide, since you can't use them when you're pregnant.
She invited me to stay for her pregnancy, and since all my kids are old enough to be trusted, I decided to stay and watch her progress.

2 Days Later
Paisley was starting to get pretty big by now. I put my hand on her stomach, to see if I could feel a kick. I felt not one, but 2, hits to my hand. Perhaps it'll be twins..... Unfortunately Paisley's back was aching pretty badly, so I sent her to get a massage at the spa. 

While she's there, I figure I may as well join her, after all, they have a 2 for one deal on Swedish Massages. It was SERIOUSLY needed. I think I may have gone mad alone.
Jesse joins us for dinner at the Diner afterwards. It's a rare treat I don't normally get, or my kids. So everyone was pretty happy, especially Paisley. Being as skinny as she is, I'd imagine that she hardly ever eats any greasy food.
Everyone went to sleep that night happy and full.
Until about midnight when P woke up after her water broke. She had about a 3 hour labour in her nursery, and came back in with an adorable baby. A boy, Thomas Parker! 

7 comments:

  1. Lol, leave it to Skye to tell the entire world about Paisley wanting to get a nose job, which look fabulous, by the way!

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Skye is good at that kind of thing! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun read. Cute nose and welcome baby Thomas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cracked me up! You two work well together...and I'm sure this new kid is going to have some crazy features. Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! I HOPE he has his dads features! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I can't wait to see what little Thomas looks like. :)

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile, leave a comment!