Friday, November 30, 2012

Give Paisley a Heart Attack Day- Baby 68

Harry and Hermione grow up into beautiful young adults. While Hermione still has some rebellious tendencies and refuses to go to college, overall she has grown out of her terrible behavior and is moving on. I am a little bit afraid of some of the men she dates, though, to be quite honest. Harry has completely, one hundred percent quit his laziness and has decided to start a rescue shelter for animals while going to school to become a vet. I was very proud of both of them, even if I wished that Hermione would accept my offer to pay for her education.

Cho and Ginny age up wonderfully as well. Cho is extremely reserved and spends almost all of her time at the library, probably to be as far away from me as possible. Although I love the girl, we never had a chance to get close, so I really don't know as much about her as I'd like. Ginny, on the other hand, has broken away from me and has a ton of friends, no longer attached to my hip anymore. While I miss her by my side sometimes, I'm glad that she's branched out and she even has a boyfriend, although that was to be expected, considering how cute she is. 
Sirius and Minerva end up being my adorable little babies. Minerva has beautiful blonde hair that naturally curls, attracting all the boys to our house. She has a passion for horses and wants to someday own a ranch with her very own ponies. Sirius, on the other hand, has a strange obsession with cats. I think he'd fit in quite nicely with Calista Smith, quite honestly. Maybe I should ship him off to her house to give him the experience of a lifetime, huh? 
Even though I aged them up right after they were born, Ron and Fleur need an introduction, too! They both got their father's unique looks, Fleur getting his pink skin tone and my yellow eyes, while Ron got pretty much my everything. The two of them are always bickering and can't stand to be in each other's presence, which is quite sad and difficult to handle, but I somehow manage. Fleur follows Minerva around all day after school's out. I can tell that she wants to be like her older sister. 
As for Albus, he pops into toddler hood with a bang. He has the most precious face and beautiful skin, hair and eyes. Whoever his parents were, they must've been beautiful because that little boy is simply perfection. Even though he's not my biological child, it truly doesn't matter. I love him just as much as any of my other kids, and so far he can't tell he's different: he knows I'm his mother. He spends most of his time with Beans, so I can already tell that he's going to be a dog lover when he grows up. Well, I guess he already is a dog lover, technically. 
Last but certainly not least is Beans. He goes from an adorable little puppy to a full grown dog, guarding his family members with love and sleeping with me at night. He's quite beautiful, and I really love him with all my heart. I like to think of him as my fluffy child. 

 I lined up all of the newly aged up children (including Beans) in front of the house and then hugged Harry and Hermione goodbye, choking back tears. With only two teenagers to help out around the house with three toddlers and a rambunctious dog, I didn't know how I was going to make it through in one piece.


As I was putting the sopping clothing into the dryer, Minerva approached me with her puppy dog look plastered onto her face. "Mommy?" she squeaked, standing on her tip toes.

"Yes?" I replied, trying to sound as uninterested as possible, just to annoy her.
"So I was wondering..." She trailed off, probably hoping I would break and ask what she wanted.

I glanced at her quickly, urging her to continue.

"Do you think we could buy a horsey? I've always wanted one, and I know you do too. I heard you telling Aunt Skye about it the other day, about how you used to have a horse and how you're tempted to buy another one."

Damn it. She caught me red handed.

"Fine," I sighed. "I guess you've got me there. I'll call Skye and we can go tomorrow."

Minerva clapped her hands excitedly, giggling with joy. I called up Skye and asked her to accompany us the next day, and she gladly accepted.

After I was done with that phone call, Sirius came running up to me, a look of pure determination set on his face.

"And what do you want?"

"A cat. I think it's only fair if you're getting a horse for Minnie. Don't you think?"

I sighed. "Well... I guess you've gotta point there. Fine. One cat. One of each animal is my limit," I said, as sternly as I could. I was more of a kiss up kind of mom than anything else.
Sirius grinned. "That was easier than I thought. I had a huge speech written out, too."

I chuckled. It was actually pretty ridiculous how spoiled my children were. I just figured that they were only going to be with me for a limited amount of time, so why not make their time here a happy one, right? And while I admit that some of my kids took advantage of me, most of them knew when to stop asking for things.
The next day, Skye and I headed first to the pet store to pick up the kitten. He was whitish and brown... and teeny. I was actually pretty worried that I was going to squish him if I wasn't careful. 
Sirius decided to name him Mango, which I approved of. Mango also had one green eye and one orange eye, which I loved, for the record.
As for the horse, he was a Thoroughbred foal, who we named Banner. Although Skye calls him Bruce all the time, because, well, that's just Skye for you.

"You know, if we're converting your house to a zoo, you should buy a bird and some sort of rodent," she pointed out as we walked back through the door of my house.

"Shut up before one of the kids hears you," I muttered, squeezing onto her hand as Sirius came running through, chasing Mango down the hallway.
"Mom?" Cho squeaked, peeking around the archway. She looked terrified as tears streamed down her face.

"Oh no. What's wrong honey?" I inquired, speed walking over to her and wrapping my arms around her.

"Can I talk to you in private?" I nodded and we walked to my room, Cho sitting on my bed and me standing above her, looking at her anxiously.
She put her hands in her lap and looked down at them, clearly ashamed. "You have every right to kick me out of the house and call me trash, Mom, but you have no idea how sorry I am that I've done this. I look at Ginny, and she's just so perfect, with her stupid friends and boyfriend. I just couldn't handle it anymore, and I never felt like I could talk to you because you're honestly so intimidating and none of my other siblings have ever disappointed you or done anything this wrong. 

"You've never had to deal with crap like this, and I'm just--" She let out a choked sob. "I'm so sorry Mommy!" Cho started to bawl, burying her face in her hands.

"Sweet heart, what did you do?" I tried to make myself sound as sweet as possible, but by this point I was scared to death as my voice shook.

"I'm pregnant," she whispered.

My yellow eyes widened and I took a step back. Thoughts raced through my mind and I felt the mixed desire to punch her in the face and hug her and tell her everything was going to be okay.

But was it? I had never had to handle anything like this. I mean, I wasn't even mad. Was I supposed to be? It's not like I was the best example. Giving birth to random men's children was what I did for a living.

But she was just a kid! My baby shouldn't have been having a baby! But why wasn't I furious? I knew that some parents went so far as to kick their kid's out of the house when they screwed up this bad! And then I stopped myself by realizing that there was a baby in there, and it was a life, a human being, and there's no possible way that could ever be a mistake.

I sighed and sat down on the mattress next to Cho, pulling her into a tight hug, resting my chin on her shoulder. "It's okay, darling," I assured her into her pointy ear. "I'm not angry."

"Y-you aren't?"

I shook my head and leaned out, looking at her face and wiping her falling tears away with my thumb. "There's nothing you or any of your siblings could do to make me furious. You did something you shouldn't have been doing at your age, and I'm not going to lie, I am a little disappointed, but I could never be angry at the result of your mistake.

"I know you're terrified, so there would be no reason to yell. I will help you raise your baby, if that's what you want. I'll take care of him or her while you're at school, and maybe Skye could lend me a hand with your college and things like that."

Cho was wide eyed, and I could tell she was in between sobbing some more and smiling at my reassurance. "I'm just so sorry," she finally said, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"Can I just ask why you did it?"

She nodded. "I've always looked up to you too much to try and tell you what was on my mind. You just naturally expect so much from us kids, and most of us live up to your expectations. But then there's me: I'm not pretty, or particularly smart, and I have no special talents like everybody else. I pulled away from you until there was nothing to grab back onto. I could tell you gave up, and it was all my fault. I never made any effort, and you were just trying to give me my space.
"I was so far gone that I just kept doing worse and worse things, until I accepted that jerk's offer to go to his apartment. I never thought it would result in this, and I--" Her voice was trembling as she tried to hold back tears. Leaning her head back and sighing, she said, "But you're right. The result of my mistake is something I could never be ashamed of."


She smiled wetly at me and nodded. "Thank you, Mom."

"Do you think you could come to me from now on with your problems?"

"Definitely. I don't want to give this kid a sibling until I'm a lot older."
I chuckled, gave her a hug and ushered her out the door. Ginny was sitting outside it, staring wide eyed at us.

"Shi--" Cho started, but I flicked her shoulder.

"Language, Cho Parker." You know, I don't really mind swearing, but I'm already an odd enough mother, I guess I felt like I needed to discipline my kids for something. Although at this point I think I might've been a wee bit too late.
Ginny stood up as Cho ran to their room and gaped at me. "Oh, so Cho can just get pregnant and you're cool but when I'm ten minutes past my curfew all hell breaks loose?" she demanded, giving me a stone hard glare. "You need to sort out your priorities, you know."

I cocked an eyebrow. "You have no right to talk to me like this, Ginny."
She groaned. "This is not fair in any way shape or form, damn it! You're always yelling at me for the stupidest things, but when your other, perfect daughter goes and gets herself knocked up you give her a friggin' cookie!" She jabbed her finger at me, a vein bulging on her forehead. "We're all a part of your dumb challenge. Do you actually give a shit about any of us, huh, Mom?"

My mouth dropped at her. What had I done wrong? None of my kids had ever yelled at me like this before, and I was on the verge of crying myself. "Hey," Skye said, anger rising in her voice, walking to us from the kitchen. "How dare you yell at your mother!"

"Skye, please--"

"She brought you into this world and she can just as easily take you out--"

"--whoa, Skye, stop--"
"She puts a roof over your head, food in your stomach and sends you to school, and you still talk to her like she doesn't know what she's doing or doesn't give two craps about you. Well I hate to burst your bubble, kid, but you're your mother's life, and if you don't like the way she runs things, you can just get the hell out, because this is ridiculous!"

Ginny was fuming as I looked from my girlfriend to my daughter, both seemingly ready to claw each other's eyes out. "Fine, then that's what I'll do." She turned on her heel and ran out the door.
Skye looked to me, obviously worried I was going to snap. Honestly, I was about to, but I kept my mouth shut and just let it be. Ginny would be back, I was sure. It's not like she had anywhere to go, and I knew that Skye was just protective of me.

As we sat down for dinner that night, Skye said, "I'm so sorry, Paisley. I didn't think she'd actually leave."

I raised my hand to silence her. "It's alright, it really is. If she was honestly that angry, it would've happened at some point anyway."

She nodded her understanding and forked some pie into her mouth.
 Sirius ate in silence, but apparently Minerva was too curious to resist asking, "Hey Cho?"

"Yep?"

"So you're going to be a mommy?"

Cho choked on her pie and looked to me for help. I smiled and turned to Minerva. "Yes sweetie, she is. Not yet, but soon."

I hoped she'd leave it at that, but apparently that was too much to ask for. "But isn't sixteen too young? Didn't I learn that in school?"

I had no idea how to answer this. "Well, yes, but Cho didn't... know that, so now she's going to be, 
and that's alright."

"And what if I wanted to be a mommy sooner, too?"
"Erm..." I looked up to the ceiling, thinking about this. "Well... You should just wait until you're an adult." She shrugged and went back to eating.

What in the hell was happening? Was this Give Paisley a Heart Attack Day? If so, my kids were doing a pretty damn good job.

After dinner, the doorbell rang, so Skye put the drying towel down and went to answer it. "Hey Pais, it's some purple elf dude to see you!"

I nearly dropped my plate as I immediately knew who she was talking about. I sprinted over to the door and shoved Skye in the direction of the kitchen so I could speak to him privately. "Elrond? What are you doing here?"

"I'm here with the antidote," was his simple, monotone reply.

"What antidote?"
"The one to make you human again, of course."

"Naturally," I replied, not even trying to keep the snarkiness out of my tone. "But I haven't even had that many elf children yet, and wasn't the whole point of this to 'populate the world with elves?'"

He nodded. "Yes, but... That's enough. We have more challenge mothers willing to comply."

"But why can't you just let me keep going? What do you have to lose?"
"Listen Paisley, just drink this, please. Do it, okay?"

"Well, will it hurt the baby?" I inquired.
I had gone to the sperm bank earlier that day before picking up the animals, and I knew I was already pregnant. The father was a purple guy whose name was Lincoln Lavender.

"Probably, so you can wait until you have it to drink it. But I will be back then and I will force it down your throat if I have to. Understand?"

"Um... yeah?" He turned on his foot and walked out the door. "Well okay, it appears you're in a hurry, so there's no need to stick around and chat or anything!" I screamed after him.

Two days later, Ginny came storming through the door and wasn't at all happy to see Cho's baby 
bump about ready to pop. She didn't say a word to any of us, but clearly decided to stay, even though talking was no longer an option.

Cho's water broke soon after, so I rushed her to the hospital and asked Skye to come back over to watch the kids, which she did happily.
After a few miraculously short hours, I was presented with my first grandchild, Remus Parker!
Then only minutes after that, I went into labor myself and gave birth to baby 68, James Parker! 

The second Cho and I got home, Elrond was at the door. "So, I don't understand," I said after putting the babies in their cribs. "Why do you want me human again so badly?

Elrond sighed and ran a hand through his thick, purple hair. "If you stay an elf for much longer, it will be permanent and you'll lose all memory of every being a human."

I gasped slightly, not expecting that answer. "Okay, fine, give it to me. But will it hurt?"

He nodded. "It'll be excruciatingly painful, I hate to admit. Worse than when you turned the first time. Go to your room and wait it out. It should take about a full day to complete." With that, he turned around and left my house, leaving me to chug the antidote in his wake.
The next twenty four hours were the most painful of my life. I can't even find words to describe what I went through, so let's just say that after all that crap, I was a human again. 

Okay, so if you read my rainbowcy, you know who the sperm donor is, right? ^_^ I just thought it would be fun to see what Lincoln and Paisley's kid would look like. I hope this doesn't count as cheating. Oh, and I'm going to be annoying and advertise it now! You can read my rainbowcy here! It would be awesome if you did! 

4 comments:

  1. Whew! What drama! A pregnant teenager? A runaway teen? Losing all your memories if you don't turn human again? Ahhh! Take the antidote and take it now! Eep! Eh...anyway...great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, hello, sorry it took me so long to reply. I hadn't noticed you left a comment until just now!

      *nods* Paisley's life is full of drama, but I don't think it's possible for a challenge mother to have a drama free life, right? ^_^

      Even though Ginny is still mad, at least she's home, and Paisley definitely loves her little grandson. :D And she's a human again, so she gets to keep her memories!

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. I love the naming theme right now. Of course, I'm a major Hufflepuff nerd, so it's only natural for me XD

    By the way, is the sperm back in an expansion pack or is it just a hypothetical thing?

    You have a new follower by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... I'm not Paisley. But she's not on much now, and I feel I'm qualified to answer these questions.

      She's very glad you like the naming theme, and she's very into HP right now.

      Th sperm bank is from the Nraas Mastercontroller mod, using the Pollinate options. At least that's how I do it.

      We're very pleased about the new follower or... you... rather. So anyway, goodbye. I hope Paisley doesn't get mad at me for answering for her, but I'm bored right now.

      -Skye

      Delete

Make me smile, leave a comment!