Friday, March 2, 2012

Will You be My Valentine? Babies 44 and 45 Part One








As I stared down at my new babies, I couldn't help but cringe. I had five babies and zero help. Cinco babies and cero help! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!?
I came to a decision. I did have help. She had blue hair and forty some-odd kids.(48) She was also very sarcastic. That's right, Skye! I called her up and made her stay for a while.
"You know I don't want to do this, right? I've already done my time quint wise I'm not going to help you," she said, setting down her luggage. Yeah, right, you don't want to help me, that's why you packed a bunch of stuff.
"Mmm hmm, sure you don't. Even if you really don't I don't give a friggin' crap. You're helping me and that's that. Period. Final. UNDERSTOOD?" I demanded.
Skye looked up at me and smirked. "You've been a mom too long."
I hung my head. "I really have, haven't I?"
She stood up straight and patted my shoulder. "Put that head up kid and turn that frown upside down! We're aging up the quints! Boom! I'm amazing!"
I smiled. How could I refuse such an offer? There would be less poop... maybe... That's all a girl could hope for...
Thomas aged up to be a different colored clone of his father. So, maybe not a clone? But his child nonetheless! I found it funny that Thomas ran around taking care of the quints for me. But there was no need to do that because Skye and I were right there the entire time! It was so funny to watch him running left to right, giving them poopy diapers instead of the bottle. (he got confused and picked up the wrong thing a lot of the time) Eventually I sent him away because he spent more time on his little siblings than on his homework. I'd usually accept that but not this time, oh no, I shall be more strict! (even though in this case I don't want to be)
The quints, oh man the quints! They were a lot less whiny but whiny for all it's worth. Jackie, the blue skinned little cutie is the leader of the pack. Perhaps because she's the unique one and stands out more? I may never know...
Lily and Cory are the two shy ones. They prefer each other's company and do everything together. It's so cute to watch them! They even fight over who loves the other one more! I feel so blessed that if they have to fight at least they fight about something like that! Right?
Tony and Devin are fussy little nuggets. I don't think I like their attitudes very much... They are best friends, too and are constantly throwing things at the other quints. Like blocks. I can't even count how many times I have had to apply a band-aid to a Tevin owie, as it has come to be known. I often have to separate them but on their good days they can get along with the other quints. I can see some schemers in my future, perhaps pranksters? (also, Devin prefers to be in his diaper, and only his diaper. I'm a little worried...)
Valentines day was coming up and I didn't have any idea what I was going to get Jesse. After all he is my... *blush* boyfriend...
So, I did what I usually do: complain to Skye. "Shut up and leave me alone!" she yelled over the crying in the background, shoving a pillow to her ear.
"But I want to make this Valentines day special!"
"And you need a gift to do that?"
"Um... yeah!"
So a few hours and countless insults later, (mainly from Skye to me, of course) I finally found him the perfect gift. A car. Yes, it may seem pretty expensive for me to buy my boyfriend of a few days a car, but I didn't care. I honestly liked Jesse and wanted him to be around forever. Not that I have to buy his affection or anything, but I want him to know I'll do anything for him.
After I got finished cleaning up his car, I got a call from him. "Hello?" I asked, completely entranced in his shiny, black car.
"MY BLOSSOM! MY--"
"Okay you can stop now," I interrupted, knowing just how that usually went. "What do you need, hon?"
"To ask you out on a Valentines date! Perhaps up to the waterfall?"
What was this dude's obsession with the waterfall? Was he born there or something? Okay, bad example, but seriously! It was sweet but I couldn't help but be curious.
"Um... sure! Why the waterfall?"
"Because that's where we spent our first date!"
I smiled. Of course that's why he loved it there so much. That's why I loved it there too...
When Valentines day was only a day away, I began to panic. A car? That's a personal gift, right? No... yes... I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! Skye told me he'll love it, so I tried to calm down. Yes, he'll love it... hopefully...
Finally Valentines day approached and I couldn't have been happier. I somehow finally convinced myself that I got Jesse the right gift. Anyway, at 6 o'clock we went to the bistro and then to the waterfall.
"Thanks so much for that amazing date," I said, sitting down in the grass.
"Well it's not over yet! Not even close!" he exclaimed. He really knew how to make me smile.
He handed me my present. I grinned. Of course once he gave it to me it was my instinct to go at it and rip it open, but I didn't want to look greedy.
"Rip it open like you mean it, Parker!"
I laughed and it was open in a matter of seconds. I smiled wide. It was a picture of me and him. My favorite one. We took it shortly before I gave birth to the quints.
And then I gave him his gift. When he opened the box and found a key, he was confused for a moment, but then he realized what it was. A key to his car. He stared at it for a minute, looked at me, and pulled me up. We sat there, silent for a while as our foreheads rested on the other person's. He looked up and said the words I least expected to hear. "I love you."
I looked at him and smiled. "I love you too." This time when I said it to Jesse, I meant it. It was the first time I had ever really meant that to anyone other than my family. After that we fell asleep on the grass, as we did the last time we were up there. I looked over at him as I fell asleep and one thought crossed my mind: I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this man. And I meant it. It wasn't a lie like it was with James and Jack. I really, truly meant it.
In the morning I found myself in my bed, and you know who was next to me? Jesse. His sweet face smiling as he slept. I called one of my single kids, Skye, and asked them to babysit for me the day before in hopes something like this would happen. I gently slipped out of bed and quietly walked downstairs to make Jesse a Valentines day breakfast. French toast. He walked downstairs and smiled at me. "Hey Parker," he said groggily. For some reason I loved it when he called me that.
"Hey Everard." The second I said that I took it back. "Nevermind..."
"You call my mom that, don't you?" he smirked.
I giggled. "Yes. Sometimes. So there's no way I'm going to call you that."
I grabbed the plate of french toast and laid it on the dining table. We proceeded to eat in silence. Not an awkward silence. A nice silence.
I called my child Skye who was watching the quints and Thomas, and asked her to watch the kids for the rest of the week. She agreed, clearly shocked. But when I told her why, she accepted the gigantic challenge. My reasoning being that I wanted to spend it with Jesse.
And you know what we did with this amazing opportunity? We spent a lot of the time doing, you know... what people in love do... you know... ^.^ But the rest of the time we spent it in bed, just enjoying each other's company. "I love you," he would say a lot. I would say it too. I think we just loved saying it to each other. Every night I spent with Jesse I had amazing dreams. And the more he stayed, the better the dreams got. I usually woke up smiling and when I looked up at Jesse smiling down at me, my day became amazing and I had just woken up.
He would grab me and dance with me randomly, to no music and sometimes to no end. He would hum as he spun me around the kitchen, common room, basement, even bathroom, sometimes. He would play the guitar for me, the piano for me, and he would even sing for me.
A lot of the time we would play the piano together. The week turned into two, the two weeks turned into three, and the three weeks turned into four.
The time literally had never gone that slow. And for once I was enjoying every minute of it.
One day we put in a movie and were snuggling, neither of us really paying attention to it since it was pretty stupid. I think we just liked being together.
"Paisley," he began.
I looked up at him, getting pretty tired. "Yeah?" I asked. It was sort of strange because the most talking we did in that past month was, well, we didn't do much. The only things that came out of our mouths to each other were "I love you," and "goodnight."
"I've been thinking."
"About what?"
He smiled, clearly tired, too. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you."
I grinned like an idiot. "I do too! I mean... not with me... with you."
He laughed. "Will you promise to marry me when you're done with your challenge?"
I smiled. "Of course."
From that moment on everything was perfect. But then Skye dropped the kids off.
I won't lie to you: I was slightly disappointed. I loved my kids to no end but I had loved spending so much time with Jesse. Oh well, at least I can say I got to know him really well.
I soon forgot that though, as Jesse and the kids (and me) decided to spend some quality time together. It all became a bit awkward when Thomas came up to Jesse and started asking him questions.
"Who are you?" asked Thomas
"I'm Jesse. I'm Skye's son, you know her, Ms Buttface as your mother would say. And I'm going to marry your Mom one day."
"Hmmm," said Thomas. "So, what do I call you? I can't call you Father Jesse, it makes you sound like a priest. I'll call you... Daddy Jesse!"
Jesse seemed pretty pleased to be called Daddy Jesse, so I left him to it as I continued playing with the others.
We played around until it was dark, and then it was time to go in, so I sent everyone off to bed and Jesse and I had a bit more alone time. We sat on the sofa together and watched a movie by the fire, and then I fell asleep in his arms.
It was the perfect end to a perfect valentines.
The next day, I went to meet the next challenge water, Valen Tine (real original)
After I got finished with Valen, I went home and fixed myself up. Who says just because I'm a mother of 43 I can't look my best?
After which, I went about upgrading things. Like I haven't done that 100 times before...
Hours later, I slipped into bed, ignoring the crying in the other room. Yes, I know, I may seem like a bad mother but they weren't hungry and they had just pooped so they just needed to cry themselves asleep. When I woke up, I decided to age up the quints and Thomas because I was barely making it through the day with five little toddlers.
Toby and Devin are still my little pranksters, except now they're starting to get full out rebellious. Even though they're rebellious and drive me crazy and their teachers as well, they somehow manage to get good grades... I will never understand these two. 
Lily and Cory are still the best of friends. They tend to shy away from the other three and stick together in the corner playing with their weird dolls. 
Jackie is still the "leader" of the five. The other four look to her for guidance and trust her more than anyone else.
Sorry it took so freaking long to get this post out. I'm ashamed. *hides face* 
Update from my mind: I will be taking pictures of the kids aged up in CAS until they're teens and adults. It's just much easier. So they won't start posing for the shots until they're teens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me smile, leave a comment!