Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Peace and Simplicity: Baby 35



Please ignore the sudden outfit changes... I forgot to change her clothes before I started this post.
Jack was a little sweet heart. He never cried and never fussed. He was a perfect little angel that loved to kiss my cheeks.
I went downstairs and looked around my home and realized something; my kids were gone. Skye had built me a house so in the process of moving it had been a little hectic, but I didn't remember letting them all go out.
I scooted onto the floor and thought for a second. Then I remembered. I didn't let them go out. I aged them up. Yes, that's right! I got extremely drunk and made all my kids age up into young adults. Hm...
It took me a moment to realize what had happened. All of a sudden I started to freak out. "OHMYGOSH! MY KIDS ARE GONE!" I screamed. I called the babysitter as I ran out the door to Skye's house.
When I got there, I rang the doorbell frantically, at least thirty times. "Alright, alright," Skye said, irritated. She rubbed her eyes as she walked down the stairs. I had clearly just woken her up. 
She opened the door and admitted me. "What the crap is wrong with you? I was sleeping! It's 7:30 in the morning!" When I said nothing she rolled her eyes and sighed. "What do you want?" she demanded. 
I decided to explain it to her quickly. "IGOTSUPERDRUNKANDAGEDALLOFMYKIDSUPTOYOUNGADULTS!"
She took a step back, astounded. "Whoa," she stated simply and sighed. "That sucks, P, but you can't undo what has been done."
She understood that? I thought as she grabbed a piece of paper from underneath a stack of books.
"I think you need to see this," she said as she handed it to me. It was a newspaper clipping.
My mouth dropped open. "That... that means that... that," I stuttered.
"That?" Skye pried, probably sick of me in her home.
"That Quincy and Serin and little Shawny are all gone!"
"Little... little Shawny?" Skye asked, trying her hardest not to laugh.
"SHUT UP!" I yelled. "I can't believe none of them told me! I am their mother, did they think raising them is easy? That it's just a piece of cake? 'Cause it's NOT!"
She rolled her eyes as she sat me down in front of the computer.
 "I think you need to see this."
"I think you need to stop saying that!" I exclaimed, very irritable.
She pulled up my email. How in the crap does she know my email password?
"How many kids did you have living out of the house before Jackson?" she asked calmly.
I thought about it for a minute. "29 I think."
"And how many emails do you have?"
Welcome Paisley Parker! 29 unread messages!
"...29..."
"See? They did tell you!"
"WHO EMAILS THEIR MOTHER!? THEY SHOULD KNOW THAT I DON'T EVEN READ MY EMAIL!"
"PAISLEY! SHUT UP OR I'M GOING TO GO INSANE!"
"What is going on down there?" I heard a voice call. It must've been one of Skye's kids.
"Sorry hon, Paisley and I are just having a nice, meaningful conversation. Go back to whatever you were doing!" Skye called up the stairs. "So, even though it wasn't the best idea to email you, at least they told you," she said, coming back over to me.
I got up and walked over to the nearest open space and plopped down, propping myself on her wall. The thud must have gotten Skye's attention. "That sounded like it hurt," she said, walking over to me.
I sighed. "It did."
"P, don't do this to yourself. What's done is done and there's nothing you can do about it."
I didn't hear her. "I didn't even get to know Tate and Calista, barely Matthew and I never got the chance to see if Jackson changed."
"I know all these things, Pais. Tate and Calista are still best friends, they live in Riverview, Washington. Matthew is trying to become a musician and he lives in Bridgeport, New York. Jackson is still evil and 50 pounds overweight from stealing kids' candy all the time. He lives in Shang Simla, China."
I sighed and positioned myself in a comfier spot. "I feel like such a terrible mother. I shouldn't have been drunk in the first place. What kind of person am I? A horrible one," I said, blocking out whatever Skye was rambling on about.
"PAISLEY!" her scream cut me out of my trance.
"Huh? What?"
"You have to stop blaming yourself for this," she repeated. "This isn't your fault. You didn't know what you were doing. Now please, for the love, get out of my house and do something productive with your day."
"Are you going to do something productive with your day?" I asked, rolling over and closing my eyes.
"Of course!"
"What are you going to be doing?"
"Watching Sherlock Holmes 2, obviously."
"Haven't you seen that like fifty times?"
"Yes, but what will fifty-one do to me? Now leave," she said, ushering me out the front door.
"Hey! Wait!" I exclaimed as she slammed the door in my face. "Is this necessary?"
When she didn't reply I slugged my way down the streets, not sure what I was doing. After about ten minutes of wandering aimlessly, I overheard some people talking.
"Did you hear about this guy? He is light green and he's got bright pink hair! Isn't that insane? I bet Paisley Parker would go nuts over him as a father for her next baby!"
"Yes, but what color of eyes does he have?"
"Bright orange! And his name is Carlos Baba!"
I walked to the phone book on the pay phone and looked him up. This thing always seems to be updated. I got his address and headed to his house.
When I got there, I was surprised to see that those people talking were right on. He had bright pink hair, light green skin and bright orange eyes. He was perfect for this baby challenge!
After we finished I went home and took care of Jack before slipping into bed. "Night baby," I said as I gently set him in his crib. "Tomorrow is a big day. You get to become a toddler!"
I quietly closed the door and walked into my room, perfectly happy.
***************************************
The next morning I set out Jack's homemade cake and went upstairs to grab him. When I told him it was his birthday he clapped his hands and giggled. I couldn't help but smile. He was going to be a very fun little toddler, wasn't he?
Jack grew up to be a fun little boy! He still loved kissing my cheeks and he was always giggling and clapping! It was a strange feeling to have a child all to myself. I hadn't felt that since baby 1, Quincy.
I spent most of my day teaching Jack his skills and taking in our short time alone together. At that moment I didn't feel like a challenge mom, just raising my kids until they're old enough to take care of themselves. I felt like I was actually his mother and we were a normal family. It was a good feeling and I didn't want it to end. But I knew it had to, so to feel better I kept telling myself that someday after the challenge I would be able to settle down and raise my kids like a normal person. Until then I guess I'll just have to take in moments like these, right?
I was extremely happy all day long. I couldn't stop smiling and laughing. Everything that happened to me recently, like breaking Jack's heart and Cassie getting married without telling me, just seemed like they never happened.
I was actually kind of grateful that all my kids moved. It gave me a chance to start over and realize that my kids won't be around forever.
When bedtime came around I read Jack to sleep happily, excited for this next baby to come.
 In the morning I tickled him awake and fed him his baby food and milk. "Mommy loves you," I said happily as I let him out of his highchair. "You are the sweetest little boy in the whole, wide world!"
 While he played with his toy horse I went about my daily chores. "Horsey wuvs to bweak dance!" I heard him exclaim as I cleaned up his room. "Bum bum bum bum!"
It was so funny to hear him make music for the horse to dance to.
 As the last night of my pregnancy came, I slipped Jack into his crib and kissed his forehead. "No mommy! Don't go!" he said sleepily.
"It's okay, honey, I'll be back in the morning and we can play together all day long," I promised as I closed the door to his room.
The next morning I made waffles. I forgot how much easier and simpler life was without a bunch of kids running around the house. In fact, it was so quiet I could hear the birds chirping. The baby kicked as I poured the milk and I got to wondering: Do I really want to continue this challenge? After this baby is born my life is going to get very hectic.
What should I do?
 As I was feeding Jack I went into labor.
 To get some fresh air and sunlight, I stepped onto the back porch and watched the ocean.
And soon baby 35, Skye Parker came out!

Just to clarify, I am not actually planning on stopping this challenge. It's just Paisley's thought. I hope you enjoyed this post! 



4 comments:

  1. Enjoy the post I did. I swear, you are AMAZING. As is your challenge, and Paisley.

    -Skye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks Skye! I feel like that's an exaggeration, but thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay dude, I know you might think I'm blowing smoke up ur ass, but honestly I'm not...this storyline was awesome...that is probably the most creative way I have ever heard of for why all the children are suddenly gone...that and Paisley & Skye's conversation was HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, thanks so much Cassie! My day has been made!

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile, leave a comment!